- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Doom Room||from £55.00 to £60.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Double En-suite||from £50.00 to £60.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Suite||from £65.00 to £70.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Twin en-suite||from £45.00 to £50.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
About16th Century Manor House hosting a 5 star luxury coastal guest house, set in extensive grounds in the picturesque village of Strete, near Dartmouth. Panoramic sea views across Start Bay from Start Point lighthouse to the mouth of the River Dart. Ideal to explore the South Hams and only one mile from the award winning beaches of Slapton and Blackpool Sands, Slapton Ley Nature Reserve and lake and the South West Coastal Path only 30 metres away.
Contemporary interior, en-suite bedrooms fitted with luxurious French sleigh beds or four poster; Egyptian cotton sheets and feather down pillows; fluffy white towels; TV, DVD / CD player; free WIFI internet access; hospitality tray, mineral water and luxury toiletries.
Sitting room with sofa and armchairs plus open fireplace. Breakfast served in the dining room overlooking the garden. Full English breakfast included, using local ingredients, fresh home made fruit salad and local farm yoghurts. Enjoy tea and cake whilst sitting on our outdoor sofas whilst overlooking the garden and sea.
There is a pub (The King's Arms) and a restaurant (The Laughing Monk) both within walking distance. Both provide excellent lunches and dinners and are listed in the Good Food Guide. Alternatively there are numerous pubs and restaurants we can recommend a short drive away.
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Country house - Old Manor House for Strete
- Non smoking establishment - Non-smoking house. Smoking permitted in the garden.
- Village Location
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - aged eight and over
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- On site parking
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- iPod Dock
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Beach within 2km
- Broadband Internet Access
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Near coastal path
- Open all year
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Real log/coal fires
- Sea Views
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From A38 (Devon Expressway) take A384 to Totnes, at traffic lights turn right onto A381 signed Kingsbridge/Dartmouth. At Halwell, turn left onto A3122 signed Dartmouth. 300 yards after Dartmouth Golf & Country Club and turn first right signed Torcross & Strete. On entering the village of Strete, Strete Barton House will be found on the left after passing the parish church and The Laughing Monk Restaurant.
Public Transport Directions
From Totnes railway station take 111 or 112 bus to Dartmouth Quay, from here change to 93 bus to Strete. From bus stop, in Strete, head back to the post office, turn left into Totnes Road and Strete Barton House will be found 100 yards on your right.
- 5 AA Gold Stars
- Visit England Gold 2016
- AA Awards AA Breakfast Award 2016
|Open all year (1 Sept 2016 - 30 Sept 2017)|