This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Family Suite||£55.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|The Blue Suite||£60.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|The Cream Suite||from £70.00 to £75.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|The Pink Room||£60.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*We also offer Single Rooms from £85 per night (minimum 2 nights).Please note that we operate a non-smoking policy within the house
Description: A warm welcome awaits you at Higher Gitcombe Luxury 5 Star Boutique Bed & Breakfast in the heart of the South Hams.
Higher Gitcombe is a beautiful Arts and Crafts built country house, in the style of Lutyens, which provides a unique Boutique Bed and Breakfast experience with just three suites, catering for up to 8 guests. Owned and personally run by Paul and Lynnie Jolly. The property is ideally situated off a quiet country lane, just 10 minutes from Dartmouth and 15 minutes from Totnes. This is an Area of Outstanding Beauty (AONB) with beautiful rolling countryside and stunning views to Dartmoor. There are direct train connections to London and Cornwall from Totnes mainline station.
The emphasis is on a highly personalised and professional '5 Star Plus' experience with every comfort and tradition on hand without the need for asking. Attention to detail in the extreme and the warmest of welcomes possible.
From the outset, Paul & Lynnie determined that this should be a B&B like no other, with sumptuous suites, each with 'Superking' beds and pillows, and organic healthy and hearty breakfasts to the highest standard possible. Silent room fridges and Wifi throughout naturally. Each room has independently controlled underfloor heating and bathrooms feature mains pressure hot water systems for that 'perfect shower' experience.
Winners of Channel 4 TV's 'Four in a Bed' programme in which B&B owners visit each other to see who provides the best B&B experience and value for money.
Higher Gitcombe Boutique Bed and Breakfast has received outstanding reviews on Tripadvisor.
Children always welcome and assistance dogs accepted.
Each suite features TV and alarm clock radio, dressing gowns and slippers, White Company bed linen and pillows, china tea/coffee facility with wine and water glassware and bottle openers.
• Spacious, comfortable, stylish and relaxing
• Sumptuous en suite bedroom suites
• Organic healthy and hearty breakfasts.
• Private and quiet countryside setting
• Secure gated off-road parking
• Set on high ground with fabulous views
• Close to the River Dart
• Dartmouth and Totnes just 6 miles away
• Blue flag beach 15 minutes
• Dartmouth Golf and Country Club 5 minutes
• Children's adventure and animal park 5 minutes
- In countryside - The property is ideally situated off a quiet country lane, just 10 minutes from Dartmouth and 15 minutes from Totnes with its direct train connections to London and Cornwall.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Off site parking
- Access to golf course - Dartmouth Golf and Country Club 5 minutes
- Games Room
- Hot Tub
- Spa bath
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Central heating throughout - Under floor heating
- Countryside Location
- Hot Tub/Spa Bath
- Open all year
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Bespoke Wellbeing Mini Breaks
Map & Directions
We look forward to hearing from you...
Full Name: *
Our luxury Bed & Breakfast and Self Catering accommodation is situated on high ground with fabulous views over the surrounding South Hams countryside an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’ and Dartmoor beyond.
The stunning coastline of South Devon with its award winning beaches is close by and the chic towns of Totnes and Dartmouth along the glorious River Dart are just 6 miles away.
For the golf enthusiasts Dartmouth Golf and Country Club is only 5 minutes away and for the children there is an adventure and animal park close by.
Public Transport Directions
From Dartmouth town centre, head out of town past Sainsbury's and travel approx 3 miles until you see The Sportsman's Arms pub ahead. Prepare to turn right in front of the pub but take the Cornworthy lane not the Dittisham lane.
Travel a further 1.5 miles and Higher Gitcombe will be on your left side after sharp right hand bend. 01803 712990
- Awaiting Grading
|Open All year (1 Jan 2017 - 12 Dec 2017)|