- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 1st May 2017
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 2nd May 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double (En-Suite)||from £75.00 to £90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin (En-Suite)||from £75.00 to £90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*£50.00 - £85.00 for single occupancy (whenever we can accommodate this request).
*We are delighted to have received a prize again from Dartmouth in Bloom for 2016 for B&B/Guesthouse/Hotel display - making it 12 years in a row we have been a prize winner! *
Receive a warm welcome from us at Valley House in the beautiful, historic maritime town of Dartmouth, situated in the South Hams, South Devon.
We are a small and friendly bed and breakfast offering double or twin bedded accommodation.
We are centrally located, just a few minutes walk to the River Dart and town centre. We provide FREE off-road parking for all our guests, which is a particular advantage in Dartmouth.We were delighted to be a prize winner for Britain in Bloom for the last 11 years and proud to be featured in the Lonely Planet Guide and recommended in The Sunday Observer Newspaper.
All rooms have en-suite shower rooms, are centrally heated and are well equipped with colour tv/dvd, all have free wi-fi access, hairdryer, radio alarm clock, refreshment tray(including a selection of teas, cafetiere coffee, hot chocolate etc.) mini fridge, bath robes, iron & board, postcards and information folder containing many brochures and leaflets highlighting what you may want to see and do during your stay with us.
We are pleased to offer a wide choice of breakfast served at individual tables in our Breakfast room . We use local produce where available and all breakfasts are cooked to order.
Dartmouth with its mild climate and access to the sea, has much to offer with its narrow streets and beautiful ancient buildings, it is steeped in history.
Take the steam train, or one of many boat trips to discover the River Dart or nearby beaches. Tour the Britannia Royal Navy College or walk to the historic Dartmouth castle, "the Guardian of the Dart".
Dartmouth boasts a large variety of individual shops and boutiques and stunning galleries for you to browse (We are pleased that over 80% are independant retailers). It also has an excellent reputation for places to eat (you could stay a month and eat out at a different place every evening!)
The town is also a regular winner of the Britain in Bloom competition and has many unusual and exotic blooms in its public and National Trust gardens.
The stunning southwest coastal path is on your doorstep where you can discover magnificent views, quiet unspoilt coves and beaches. Just three miles away is one of Devon's most beautiful beaches, Blackpool Sands, which offers a good range of water sports and refreshments and is a regular Blue Flag award winner. Two miles further on is Slapton Sands that has a four and a half mile stretch of beach (which means it is never crowded) on one side and a fresh water ley on the other, a great spot for bird watching, keen walkers and sunbathers alike.
Dartmouth is also an ideal location to be based to explore nearby Dartmoor with all its natural beauty and attractions and the South Hams coastal villages and towns such as Salcombe, Kingsbridge and Bigbury on Sea with Burgh Island (a favourite of many celebrities past and present).
For a flavour of what we have to offer please have a look at our reviews on our guest page on our website www,valleyhousedartmouth.com or Trip Adviser but our greatest testimony is that for most weeks of the year we have returning guests staying with us !
- Accept Children over 7
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Access to golf course - Nearby have arranged discounts
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - Nearby
- Water sports facilities - Nearby
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
- Cash & Cheque only
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Beach within 2km
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Near coastal path
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for walkers - Drying Room
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good12
- mph818EnglandTrip Type:CouplesExcellent b and bWednesday, 12th April 2017Lovely clean typical b&b. Plus features: Fantastic breakfast. Very friendly hosts. Very comfortable beds. Free Parking. Good access to Dartmouth Town and road out of town. Good shower. Good heating... Read full review
- Ann HKirkby-in-Ashfield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBed and breakfast at DartmouthThursday, 23rd February 2017We really enjoyed our time at Valley House, particularly as its within walking distance to the river side and shops. We were very happy with accommodation and meals provided, very clean, neat and... Read full review
- Claire43LondonTrip Type:CouplesGreat place to stayMonday, 7th November 2016We had a lovely stay in this good value B&B in Dartmouth. The owners were friendly and helpful, the bed was very comfortable, the full English breakfast was great and the location was convenient to... Read full review
Map & Directions
Leave M5 and take A38 towards Plymouth. Exit A38 at Buckfastleigh and follow A384 left to Totnes, at traffic lights by police station turn right on A381 and follow signs to Dartmouth through Harbertonford and Halwell then turn left onto B3207. Upon reaching Dartmouth town centre turn right immediately after the Boat Float and then left before the Natwest bank, Valley House is in this road on the right.
Public Transport Directions
The nearest main line train station is Totnes which has a direct hourly bus service (Stagecoach Goldline) to Dartmouth and it stops directly in the train station forecourt. House. National Express also have a service to Totnes. For guests staying with us for a week we will happily transfer you to and from the train station.
- 4 Visit England Stars Bed & Breakfast
|Open New Year|
|Valley House Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|